The FreeBSD Diary

The FreeBSD Diary (TM)

Providing practical examples since 1998

If you buy from Amazon USA, please support us by using this link.
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Been there, answered that
Author: Chris Faulhaber 
Date:   16-01-02 21:33

Actually I have answered that question at least a half-dozen times on various mailing lists; it should probably be in the FAQ by now :)

Reply To This Message
 Re: Been there, answered that
Author: Dan Langille 
Date:   17-01-02 03:53

As I said, I searched the FreeBSD mailing lists and didn't find it. If you can post a URL, that would be helpful. cheers.

Reply To This Message
 Re: Been there, answered that
Author: Chris Faulhaber 
Date:   17-01-02 15:39

Sure, search the archives for 'Makefile has been rebuilt'...

Reply To This Message
 Re: Been there, answered that
Author: Tom Limoncelli 
Date:   30-07-02 17:03

Don't over-used FAQs. FAQs are good for some things, but "the right documentation at the right time" is much better. The error message should simply say, "(Note: is your clock set right?)" If this is the problem 90% of the time, I'm sure the other 10% of the people that see this message won't mind.

Reply To This Message
 Forum List  |  Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

 User Login
 User Name:
 Remember my login:
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
How to get the most out of the forum