Author: David Heaps
Date: 10-02-02 15:27
for those of you interested in fixing the make update problem, I did find a fix for it, I decided to do some testing and got it running, so I thought I post my setup here and advise those interested.
the only changed to make are in the /etc/make.conf.
depending on how you have your supfiles setup you will not have to specify the SUPHOST. I found that once removed from make.conf, the make update command worked without problems.
make update uses the cvs servers you have specified in your supfile.
below is listed what i have in my make.conf for cvsup section.
Notice as well I have included the configuration entries which update my ports and docs as well as stable.
SUPFLAGS= -g -z -L 2
I hope this helps others out there, as I am still pretty new to freebsd, and thought I would share what I found.